Automotive Service Manager
If you are driven to help people, passionate about customer service, and ready to lead a successful service team, then this opportunity is for you. We’re searching for an automotive service manager who is motivated to excel and serious about a true career in this highly competitive industry. As service manager, our customers, and your team, will look to you for guidance, leadership and expertise.
- Conduct daily one-on-one client status meetings with each ASM to identify potential service issues
- Monitor automotive repair/maintenance to prevent operational delays
- Work with service director to set departmental objectives
- Recruit, interview and train service staff
- Maintain daily sales and production records as prescribed by upper management
- Review and evaluate service sales performance
- Staff technical teams relative to production requirements
- Remain current on new products and changes to existing products
- Maintain department finances within parameters established by upper management
- Assure proper repair-order flow/maximize productivity
- Monitor/control all warranty activity to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Adhere to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Administer payroll for service staff in cooperation with payroll department, securing approval from service director and general manager
- Enforce OSHA requirements, procedures and regulations
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Participate in operational planning
- Maintain the facility and equipment
- Conduct weekly department meetings/attend weekly manager meetings
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2 to 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
In addition to career-long personal development, our associates enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
About Our Dealership
We are not your typical auto group. Here at Bert Ogden Auto Group, we actually look out for our community. Whether we are supporting a fundraiser through a local school or working with a local charity or organization, we are always doing as much as we can to improve South Texas. It’s good to know, that when you shop with Bert Ogden Auto Group, you are supporting a local business that keeps its money right here in South Texas.
We are proud to call South Texas our home, and with 18 different dealerships and 23 lines from which to serve you, we are bound to have a location in your neighborhood. We serve countless cities, towns, and communities including McAllen, Mission, Harlingen, Edinburg, and all points in between. If you live, work, or travel in South Texas, then allow Bert Ogden Auto Group to welcome you at one of our dealerships with open arms. We hope to work with you soon.